Sunday, April 29, 2012

Another Day in the Life of Me


I’m homebound after another reconstructive surgery on Wednesday.  Ahhh, just another day in the life of me… the drains, the military showers, the meds, and catching up on Bill & Giuliana. 

On last week’s episode Giuliana has a double mastectomy.  I’m watching- laughing out loud and crying at the same time.  I know I said this on my last post, but I relate to her in many ways.  Her parents are there and heartbroken to see their little girl dealing with cancer.  They are Italian and outwardly love with everything always family first!  Bill, the great husband is emotional, funny and sincere.  Pre-surgery Giuliana gets versed (the best cocktail ever!) to relax her.  I confess I have honestly looked forward to this little concoction with all my past procedures.  Oh, how it makes all my troubles disappear!  Giuliana is loopy and starts slurring her words, so Bill cuts the camera off.

After a successful surgery, Giuliana shows us her drains and her bloated stomach.  I’m laughing again as I sit here complaining of my drains and bloated stomach.  But, she has such a positive spirit and never dwells on her hurdles.  It is the reminder I need to hear to be thankful this Sunday morning.  So I tell myself "praises in the storm, praises in the storm" and think about what I am thankful for.
 
           Sunday morning thank you:
 
Thank You St. Luke’s Hospital for putting the small prayer in the bathroom that I read right before my surgery this week.

Thank You Dr. Reisman for being another parental figure for Brett and I, always putting our best interest first.

Thank You Brett for being my nurse, comedian, nanny, chauffer and roommate even after all the drug induced locomotive snoringJ.

Thank You Mom, Dad, Kathy, James, Tina and everyone who helped make our family work this week.

Thank You Angels for hovering over me, your wings were extra loud this week and gave me peace and comfort. 


The episode ends with B & G finding out that a surrogate is pregnant with their child.  I’m crying again as I remember the yearn for children and the joy that came with every milestone towards that miracle.  God is Good!

Be Well, I’m off to eat blueberries!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck always Amy and recover well. We don't speak often but do know you're in my prayers and I think of you daily. Keep being the inspiration that you are to others because your words are a blessing that you may not realize. Get well soon my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweet Amy, I am reading your blog and am truly touched. I knew you were an amazing girl and now I see you are an inspirational, amazing woman. I had no doubts. You have always had such a kind and sweet spirit and that rings true today as I read your blog. It is good to be in touch. I am sending love and prayers your way. I am going to continue reading now. Tell your mom hello for me. I will be in touch! Much love, Courtney Morehead Gordon

    ReplyDelete