Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hope

Hello Everyone,
It's been a while since my last posting, tis the season to be blurry and frantically checking my To Do list.  I have three kids in school this year- which is a blessing and a curse. I am chronically confused as to whose class party I am planning, who I owe money to, whose homework is missing, and on and on.  Lately, it seems like everytime I sit down to write a new post in my blog, someone needs me.  I told my daughter tonight that I just need another me.  She said "yeah, so you could boss that other you around and have her do all of your work".  Hmm, that would be nice!

Despite the busyness of December I have been halted for the last two days as I follow the reports on Elizabeth Edwards and then learning of her death this evening.  I always get sad and fast forward to my own funeral when I learn of someone dying of cancer.  But there is something about Ms. Edwards' story that intrigues me.  I am drawn to her song of hope.  How she bravely discussed her illness as terminal but kept looking up, singing a song of hope.  On Monday, she posted on her facebook "...there are certainly times when we aren’t able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like,” she added. “It’s called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful. It isn’t possible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel to everyone who has and continues to support and inspire me every day. To you I simply say: you know.”  Just beautiful how she was grateful and humble about the blessings in her life.  For me, she is an inspiration to keep positive about living well.  God bless her precious children with comfort and peace as they remember their mommy and all the wonderful memories they shared.

There is a wonderful book on hope that I was given when I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  It's called There's No Place Like Hope by Vickie Girard.  It is a great, practical read for anyone suffering any type of cancer.  The author was diagnosed with stage IV cancer and told there was nothing else her medical team could do.  She wouldn't accept that answer (neither would I!) and sought treatment elsewhere which treated her mind, body and spirit.  She went on to live fifteen more years equiping others with the tools to fight and beat cancer.  It's a must read!

Grateful and hopeful,   

No comments:

Post a Comment