Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Have you had your mammogram?


Hi Everyone!

It’s the third week of our school year and I am still treading water.  I have concluded that the older my kids get, the busier I get, the more expensive they become and the more I yearn for peace.  Aaaahhhh how I love the quiet mornings after everyone has left for school.  Today as I enjoy my morning, I am catching up on cancer studies.  An analysis was published yesterday in the journal Cancer that recommends more yearly breast cancer screening for younger women ages 40-49.  This study, which looked at 7,301 patients, analyzed the prevalence of breast cancer and deaths from breast cancer.  What they found was that the majority of those who died from breast cancer never had a mammogram prior to diagnosis.  50 percent of the breast cancer deaths occurred in women under the age of 50, only 13 percent were 70 or older.  The study also reports that, even with new protocols for treating breast cancer, regular mammography screening is the best way to significantly reduce breast cancer deaths!

Ladies, this is mucho importanto!  Please get your yearly mammogram.  If you are in the Houston area and do not have health insurance, contact The Rose at www.the-rose.org.  They provide mammography services regardless of your ability to pay.  In my opinion, mammograms don’t hurt- but maybe it’s because my breast tissue used to be nil, none, nothing!  Damn you A cup breasts, you failed me :0. 

Be Well,

No comments:

Post a Comment