Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fight or Flight

The Waltz Warriors (my team name for anything related to breast cancer awareness) is once again raising money!  We have several things going on and I realize it has been a bit confusing.  So, here is the breakdown: 

1.    The Waltz Warriors are cooking for Cinco de Mayo to raise money for the Pink Ribbon Parade, http://www.pinkribbonparade.org/.  You are guaranteed a great mexican meal for lunch or dinner while working alongside with us to fight breast cancer!   Get your order in today- the last day to order will be Tuesday. 



2.    If you cannot participate in our Cinco de Mayo fundraiser but would like to make a monetary donation, you can mail me cash or a check payable to The Rose.  We also have a paypal account that is found on the donate button of our flyer.


3.    Thirdly, my 9 year old daughter Isabella and her friend Hailey are raising $5,000 for their own ribbon called Butterfly Kisses.  Their art teacher Ms. Betsy along with Isabella and Hailey are designing and creating Butterfly Kisses.  They are very excited and have started their fundraising efforts- woo hoo!  It has been so sweet watching these young hearts learn about mission and giving back.  Their reason for choosing the theme around butterflies is to symbolize the change (metamorphosis if you will) that breast cancer patients go through.  I told them that my wings have certainly begun to fly and it feels great!  So proud of them.


Basically we have to raise $10,000!  I know we can do it; we have such a strong following of folks just as tired of breast cancer as we are.  I’ve already said this, but just recently another friend in my Sunday school class was diagnosed with breast cancer.  That makes 4 of us in 4 years!  And yes we are all young with young children.  I have met several other young moms in my neighborhood also going through the metamorphosis of breast cancer.  And I can’t forget about all the sweet ladies I meet for Pink Paint on Wednesdays.  And, the friends of friends that I have met and on and on.  Breast cancer is all around me but my fight or flight response is always fight!   

Be well and support Pink Ribbon Parade,

No comments:

Post a Comment